In 2004, the Department of Homeland Security and the National Cyber Security Alliance introduced National Cybersecurity Awareness Month to help raise awareness of cybersecurity threats among U.S. citizens. Eight years later, the European Union followed suit and is now celebrating its 10-year anniversary, putting the spotlight on selected issues linked to cybersecurity.
While the themes of the annual awareness campaigns might differ by region, they all have one goal—to raise awareness of specific issues and topics that could affect citizens, businesses, and organizations. Cybersecurity Month provides the community with information, education, training, and shares best practices for staying safe online.
At CSC, we’re focusing solely on topics pertaining to cybersecurity for the month of October. To raise awareness, we’ll be
- Hosting a webinar with our partner, Neustar®
- Sharing invitations to two face-to-face events in London and Copenhagen
- Publishing articles about phishing authored by CSC subject matter experts
- Sharing best practice documents about domains and secure sockets layer (SSL) certificates
- Citing quotes from CSC employees around the world
Make sure to read all our blogs this month, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter. Don’t hesitate to share the subscriber link with your peers so they are also up to date on how to stay secure online.
Hashtags for the 2022 Cybersecurity Awareness Month are:
North America: cisa.gov/cybersecurity-awareness-month
Theme: It’s Easy to Stay Safe Online—See Yourself in Cyber
Hashtags: #CyberForUs #BeCyberSmart
Theme: A Decade Promoting Cybersecurity Awareness
Hashtags: #CyberSecMonth #ECSM