6 Ways to Strengthen DNS Security
When the internet, and hence, the domain name system (DNS) were new, only government and education organizations were using the web, so trust was assumed and security was not considered. Today, DNS is one of the most regular targets of cyber criminals. Read the full blog here.
Adult Blocks – UPDATE!
Back in 2011, over 80,000 trademark owners applied for the .XXX blocks categorically known as Sunrise B (“SRB”) Blocks. The SRB afforded Trademark owners the right to enable blocks on their brands over the course of a 10 year period.
As mentioned in our previous Launch Guide, the ICM Registry launched a new blocking mechanism with the AdultBlock featuring:
- A collective block coverage of all four ICM Registry TLDs – .XXX, .SEX, .ADULT and .PORN
- AdultBlock A basic block coverage on single exact match terms
- Adult Block+ A more comprehensive block that has a wider coverage of protection for the exact match term against variations of confusingly similar character sets with variant protection in over 20 different languages and scripts. (i.e. – homoglyphs; IDNs; TMCH variant coverage).
- Eligibility of the Adult Block coverage can be enabled through an original .xxx SRB or through a valid Signed Mark Data file (“SMD”) attained from the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH).
Converting .XXX Blocks (“SUNRISE B” Domains) into an Adultblock+
While .XXX Blocks are not due to expire until 2021, the ICM registry is offering special pricing until December 31, 2019 to convert .XXX Blocks (“SUNRISE B” Domains) into 10-year AdultBlock+ subscriptions.
To help our clients determine what, if any, .XXX Blocks they should consider converting into an Adultblock+ before December 31, 2019, we are offering a complimentary consultation to ensure you make the best decision based on your current trademark and brand protection strategy:
- Adult Blocks – What you need to know
- What is the process/policy for Sunrise B blocks renewing in 2021?
- What happens if I want to cancel my Sunrise B registration?
- What happens if you do nothing?
- CSC can provide a comprehensive analysis of the Adult TLDs in your portfolio – including a potential costs savings analysis.
The following TLDs have launch phases (Pre-General Availability) that are currently still in progress. If you are interested in participating in any of these launches, please contact your Client Service Partner.
.cat (1 & 2 character)
Launches within 30 days (bold indicates where dates fall within time frame)
|Extension||Start Date||Order Entry Deadline||First-come First-served (FCFS)||Registry|
|Limited Registration Phase|
|.TH||1-Dec-2019||27-Dec-2019||No||Thai Network Information Center Foundation|
|.Madrid||17-Dec-2019||N/A||Yes||Comunidad de Madrid|
|1 & 2 character release|
The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice.